Eagle Community is a Christian project for men emerging from addiction who want their lives to change. It is located at Ovis Farm in the beautiful and tranquil surroundings on the edge of Exmoor in North Devon.
The community provides accommodation and support for men who may be at a critical point in their lives and are emerging from addiction.
Participation in the community is open to men from all social, economic and ethnic groups. An applicant does not have to be a Christian to come, but they will be expected to respect the Christian faith, attend church on Sundays, and participate in all aspects of the programme.
The Eagle Community is an abstinence based Christian residential post-rehabilitation centre for adult men aged, who want to see their lives changed permenantly.
We have come to believe that Christian principles are intrinsic to recovery.
Accommodation is provided in a fully furnished 11 bedroom farmhouse. Men have keys to their own rooms and share bathrooms and common rooms. Meals are taken together in the dining room.
Our aim is to provide a home where they are safe, valued and supported towards recovery.
It is intended that during their stay at Eagle Community, the men will become better equipped to tackle life's challenges so when they return to everyday living, they will have gained adequate skills to maintain a life that is purposeful and productive.
The intention of the project is that residents will complete our 6 month programme to equip them to move on to meaningful employment and a stable lifestyle.
Everyone will be expected to participate in the work programme, which could include normal household chores, gardening, horticulture, decoration and DIY work, landscape gardening, furniture refurbishment, furniture removals and deliveries, window cleaning.
We welcome residents to join us for as long as it takes to feel completely confident and ready to rejoin the wider community. To receive the maximum benefit from their stay, they are encouraged to participate fully in community life.
Funding to live in the community is usually supplied by Housing Benefit and personal benefits. However, other funding sources are acceptable.
Eagle Community is run by a team of Evangelical Christians and a Board of Trustees who adhere to the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Alliance.
WE BELIEVE IN...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.